Monday, September 5, 2011

Donnelly to McKinley Day 6: We Travel Like Horses Headed to the Barn


"The riverbed finally eased up, and allowed us to move faster. Between the GPS and the map we pretty much know where we are at all times.....I find it amazing, and wish my skills were dialed in....couldn't do it with out Sher and Ry."

journal entry 23 jun 11


"Seeing the Wood River and knowing we were about to float, made me move faster. However, a new nervousness begins to fill inside myself as I know new risks and skills are now in front of me."

journal entry 23 jun 11

"We pulled out at Big Grizzly - its late and we are all cold. We made a huge fire, ate some food and warmed up. My sports bra has been soaked for many days now after falling into the river the other day. I'm not sure it will ever dry. Sherrie's GPS broke today and that was a bummer. Hard to believe we only have two days left of this crazy adventure."

journal entry jun 23 11

No comments: