Monday, September 5, 2011

A Long Adventure Across A Very Small Part of Alaska: Donnelly to McKinley Village


This series of posts has been a long time coming. After a lot of trip digesting and technical computer difficulties I am back in business and ready to post one of the most mentally and physically challenging trips of all time....or at least of my all time (and yes jon cobb it was by far the hardest!).

In short, we started in a town called Donnelly and ended in McKinley Village - basically highway to highway. This route was the 2009 Wilderness Classic Route and after finishing this adventure I am 100% sure I have NO interest in ever doing a Classic!

We took 8 days to do roughly 130 miles of hiking and pack rafting....I've decided to not go into too much detail about the trip, but would rather share a few photos and journal entries along the way......Sherrie's Blog has more info and even more photos!! If you are ever in need of route betta, please feel free to contact me!
Enjoy the adventure

No comments: